We’re building a stronger future for you and your family by delivering record investment in health, defence, security and borders. Supporting locals in traineeships, apprenticeships and jobs. Delivering safer local roads. Keeping taxes low, enabling you to keep more of what you earn. As your Federal MP I will continue to fight for you.
– For more than two years I have fought to have Paradise Dam restored after the Queensland State Labor Government knocked down the dam wall. We will invest up to $600 million to get water security back for our growers.
– More GPs for Hervey Bay with a larger pool of doctors local media practices can recruit from including Australian-bonded doctors.
– More than 1,500 local families have benefited from changes to the Child Care Subsidy which puts more money back in their pockets.
– Support for seniors and their families with dedicated face-to-face assistance to navigate the aged care system at the Bundaberg and Hervey Bay Services Australia offices.
– Record numbers of apprentices with more than 1,200 in Hinkler and it’s local businesses training our next generation of tradies.
– Road upgrades including making Goodwood Road/Woodgate Road intersection safer, extending Urraween Road to Boundary Road, flood-proofing the Bruce Highway at Aldershot and other dangerous intersections have also been improved.
– Australia’s first regional deal has seen significant investments across Hinkler including a flight simulator to train Royal Flying Doctor Service pilots from across Australia in Bundaberg, overtaking lanes completed on the Isis Highway, the palliative care facility in Hervey Bay, an upgrade completed at Hervey Bay Airport and improvements to Torbanlea-Pialba Road to ensure its not affected by flooding.
These maps show just some of what I have been fighting for and helped deliver for the Hinkler electorate.