Funding available for community groups and not-for-profit organisations
Expressions of Interest are open now for round 5 of the popular Stronger Communities Programme.
Federal Member for Hinkler Keith Pitt said the program provided a great opportunity for not-for-profit and community groups to upgrade facilities and continue to serve the community.
“This is a fantastic program which has helped more than 50 local groups and organisations complete projects with some financial assistance from the Australian Government,” Mr Pitt said.
“It takes a lot of sausage sizzles and lamington drives to raise this level of funding, so without this program some groups couldn’t afford to improve their facilities or purchase new equipment.
The Stronger Communities Program provides funding of between $2,500 and $20,000 for projects which must be matched on a dollar for dollar basis.
Some of the successful projects already completed in the Hinkler electorate through previous rounds of the Stronger Communities Programme include:
• A new kitchen at C&K Oaks Beach Community Kindergarten
• Improved facilities for the Bundaberg North State High School Girls Academy
• Air-conditioning at the Woodgate Community Hall
• Hervey Bay Neighbourhood Centre community café used to provide training
• A new wheelchair accessible bus for the Endeavour Foundation in Bundaberg
• Outside broadcast equipment for Fraser Coast Community Radio
Expressions of interest – the form can be downloaded from www.keithpitt.com.au – must be received by the Hinkler electorate office by 5pm on Monday, September 9, 2019 and can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information call the Hinkler electorate office on 4152 0744.