Fourth round for Stronger Communities program
The successful Stronger Communities Program has been extended with a fourth round announced in last night’s Budget.
Federal Member for Hinkler Keith Pitt said the program provided a great opportunity for not-for-profit and community groups to upgrade facilities and continue to serve the community.
"Without this program many smaller not-for-profits and community organisations wouldn’t be able to afford to improve their facilities or get new equipment," Mr Pitt.
"It’s a lot of sausage sizzles and lamington drives to raise this type of funding."
The Coalition Government has committed $22.5 million in the Budget for this program, with $150,000 available to each electorate.
"The program provides funding of between $2,500 and $20,000 for project which must be matched in cash or in-kind, on a dollar for dollar basis."
Some of the successful projects already completed in the Hinkler electorate through previous rounds of the Stronger Communities program include:
- Hervey Bay Woodcrafts Club’s new workshop
- Woodgate Community Events new trailer to move around marquees for events
- Upgrade to the driveway and courtyard at the Playhouse Theatre in Bundaberg
- Hervey Bay & District Tennis Association upgraded its carpark to provide disability access
- A new communications room and training space for the Gregory River Rural Fire Brigade
- Sun protection for the Bundaberg Bowls Club
- Hervey Bay Rugby League Football Club upgrade at Ralph Stafford Park
- Bundaberg Vintage Vehicle Club received funding for the slab for their new clubhouse
- Childers TSKF installed air-conditioning at the Isis Cultural Centre
- Hervey Bay Amateur Fishing Club purchased a BBQ trailer to use for fundraising
- Burgowan Bowls Club upgraded its kitchen facilities
More information will be provided when the next round opens for applications.